Nearly a year ago Rin, from Sew in Love, sent me A Feminine Wardrobe by Jinko Matsumoto.
Out of all the nice patterns Top A2 below caught my eye.
Two things held me back (working on other projects not being one of them)
1. I was worried about not understanding Japanese…although there are drawings and I don’t read instructions unless they are well done…
2. I know that Japanese designs tend to be rather flowy…and feared of looking like a sack.
After finding some vintage fabric and buttons I decided to give it a go.
1. I look like a sack especially from the side
2. The unattached bow tie makes me feel like an Italian child’s kindergarden uniform
3. Pink gingham too makes me think of a girl’s uniform
Clearly the fabric was a bad choice in the first place…but the pattern is also not for me. I need a more fitted one.
The only positive outcome from this project is that I managed to understand the drawings….the neckline area was mind-blogging.
What really puzzles me is that Japanese women who are much slimmer than me look very nice in these designs.
What are your thoughts and experience with Japanese Patterns?