WIP: Michele 60s-style coat – Lavori in corso: cappotto anni 60 modello Michele

Slowly but surely my Michele 60s-style coat is coming along.
It has been taking longer than initially planned as I wanted to apply some couture techniques, take my time at pressing every seam and serging the fray-prone wool.

Pian pianino procede la produzione del mio cappotto anni 60 modello Michele. Ci sto mettendo piu’ del previsto perché ho cercato di usare tecniche sartoriali, stirare ogni cucitura e passare ogni cucitura alla taglia e cuci visto che la stoffa si sfilaccia facilmente.

And of course I having been drafting the collar! Thanks so much for your tips and suggestions. I went with what the majority suggested…the double Peter Pan collar…although it was a difficult choice to make.

Poi ho disegnato il collo. Grazie a tutte per i consigli e suggerimenti. Alla fine la maggioranza ha vinto…ho fatto il collo alla Peter Pan. Anche se le altre opzioni mi piacevano altrettanto.


Since I had never done it before I used Patternmaking for fashion design, which is thankfully cheaper in Europe than in the US and even more so via the Amazon sellers.

Non avendolo mai fatto ho usato il libro Patternmaking for fashion design, che per fortuna in Europa e’ piu’ economico che negli USA e ancor di piu’ se lo compri dai venditori autorizzati Amazon.

Here is the final pattern.
Ecco il modello finale.

The other reason I have sometimes been slow…is precisely the above couture techniques, like attaching the lining sleeves to the shell

L’altro motivo per cui a volte sono stata piu’ lenta del previsto sono proprio le tecniche sartoriali di cui sopra…come attaccare la fodera delle maniche al cappotto.

See the mess? It’s because I actually messed up the sleeves and attached them the wrong way around…SEVERAL TIMES! I know…it’s bad! Shame on me. Especially since I was actually paying attention, checking and only then sewing…and realizing afterwards I had to reach for the seam ripper!
I hope to finish off my coat this week.

Vedete quel caos? Ho fatto un errore e ho attaccato le maniche al contrario… SVARIATE VOLTE! Lo so…me ne dovrei vergognare. Soprattutto perche’ quando lo facevo prestavo attenzione, controllavo e solo dopo cucivo… poi controllavo di nuovo e mi rendevo conto di dover scucire il tutto di nuovo!
Spero di farcela a finire il cappotto questa settimana.

Thanks for participating in the giveaway. I will be announcing the winner soon.
I wish you a seam ripper-free week.

Grazie per aver partecipato al premio. Vi faro’ sapere chi ha vinto molto presto.
Vi auguro una settimana in cui non dobbiate scucire nulla.

Advertisements

5 thoughts on “WIP: Michele 60s-style coat – Lavori in corso: cappotto anni 60 modello Michele

  1. Wowza, sounds like you’ve got quite a project on your hands and I’m sure it will turn out lovely! The fabric looks pretty too.

    And lovely new ‘do. I also like very simple styles because I can’t be bothered to do my hair. But I’d die for some waves like you have 😉

    Like

  2. I’m sure your coat will turn out wonderful.
    Thanks so much for your comment. I think I’ve raved about that shot cotton enough to show that I DO think it is suitable for that sort of top 😉

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s