It seems like I have the perfect occasion to make a cocktail dress… I am invited to a friend’s wedding early in June. It will be a church wedding with a lunch reception.
Though very excited… I am starting to panic for the dress. Oh my…
Needless to say I will have to make a muslin.
Location-wise it will be in the beautiful town of Assisi, Unesco world heritage site and the hometown of St. Francis.
I have been looking for inspiration among my favorite dresses and on specialty stores online and so far my top three inspiration dresses are below.
No matter which pattern, I am considering to make it a below-the-knee lenght
But I could really use some help from you…
- What color would you suggest?
- Do you think any of the patterns below is not suitable? (does the second one seam too modest for a wedding?)
- What would you use to cover up your shoulders (and in case it gets chilly)?
- Do you have any favorite pattern for a cocktail dress?
My constraints are:
– It needs to be a simple pattern (I am not so advanced yet and June is approaching quickly)
– I am 5.3″
Thanks for your suggestions