Has your sewing weekend been very productive so far?
Mine not really so… I was out most of the time with a friend who was over to visit. But I want to show you this project. Finally I had some time to take pictures (sorry for my face, it was in the morning on my way to work)
I bought the fabric on a whim in Denmark last year, without really knowing what I would make with it. I simply liked the motif and texture. So when I decided to make a blazer at the sewing course, this seemed to be a good choice.
…little would I know that sewing the sleeves would be a real pain. The fabric being stiff, I had to redo them at least three times. I was about to pull my hair out when my kind teacher gave me a hand.
The rest of the blazer was quite easy. There are two darts at the front and two at the back. The back is not cut on the fold to make the blazer even more fitted.
The neckline is a classic style… I couldn’t make up my mind so I decided for a simple one.
The great thing is that I didn’t need to line the blazer… whoa! what a relief!
The last hiccup was the button… I was keen to wear it that I didn’t realize I placed it the wrong way around. So, my blazer now closes as a man blazer. But I hope nobody will notice and will be blazed away by those circles :o)
If you are wondering what pattern I used, well, it’s adapted from the basic bodice block. It’s still amazing for me to realize how much you can do by simply adding inches here and removing some there. Let me know if you want me to post the details of the pattern adaptation. I can do it in an upcoming post.
Have a nice Sunday full of sewing!