Here is my last project for the Summer Essentials Sew-Along… Puff Sleeve Blouse.
The bodice is a blouson-type top with bust darts. It has a quite wide fit so I decided to make a very long sash with some black shiny sateen that I just knot around my waist.
I guess the most complicated part were the puff sleeves… Originally I wanted to create a tutorial for you… that’s why it took me so long to post. Then tonight I thought about searching online… and I found a Puff Sleeve tutorial on Burdastyle. As you will notice it’s not too complicated to adapt a regular sleeve pattern to make it “puffy” (this is actually my first ever)
Once you have your pattern, you need to gather the puffy part so to be able to set it in the bodice… and then it’s like sewing your regular sleeve.
Thoughts on Summer Essentials Sew-Along
Since this is my last project for the Summer Essentials Sew-Along and we are quickly reaching the end of the summer… here are some thoughts about my first sew-along. I have really enjoyed it and it has been a great way to keep me focused on my sewing instead of wandering of thinking about too many projects. It has been great to discover so many talented women from all over the world.
Ali has been a great host for the sew along. She has been extremely kind in providing comments on posts on the Flickr group. So a great thank you goes to her for making this all possible. And I hope that there will be another sew along soon…. I am going to check out the Audrey Hepburn Sew Along project and maybe join. I know I have so many projects that I don’t need anything else… but the sewing community power makes it all more fun… it’s not as nice to sew on your own ;o)