Burda 10/2012 118a: Dress Reveal

burda-102012-118a-front
After my armhole struggles and many other issues with this dress… Here it is!
The armholes are slightly dropped. This is a pattern feature I don’t like too much. But I didn’t realize while I was fitting the dress…and to be honest, given all the issues with this project I doubt I would have fixed it.
Dopo tutti i problemi con le maniche e tutto il resto…ecco a voi il vestito finito!
Le maniche sono un po’ ad aletta. Il modello e’ cosi’ ma non mi piace troppo. Non me ne sono accorta mentre lo provavo…e in realta’ visti tutti i problemi dubito che le avrei modificate.

DSC_5239_web
The back is pretty fitted and you can see every detail! I was a bit surprised as I looked at this picture…I’ll try not to think about it!
Il dietro è molto attillato…si vede tutto! Sono rimasta un po’ sorpresa quando ho visto la foto…ma cercherò di non pensarci!
burda-102012-118a-detail

Good news: Sewing Princess on its own domain

Finally, I took the courage to properly transfer Sewing Princess blog to its own domain Sewingprincess.com.
Actually, Sewingprincess.com domain already worked before but WordPress was installed on a different domain and I was tired of this.
So…now you can also Follow SewingPrincess.com with Bloglovin or Feedly.
It’s still not 100% perfect, so I will keep on using both addresses for some time don´t worry…but if you already want to update your links, you can.
Please bear with us (for the record, I didn’t do it on my own)…some hiccups can still happen. Transferring WordPress between two domains is not easy…to put things mildly!

Buone notizie: Sewing Princess ha un dominio tutto suo

FInalmente ho preso il coraggio ha due mani e spostato il Sewing Princess sul dominio Sewingprincess.com.
In realtà già da tempo Sewingprincess.com funzionava ma WordPress l’indirizzo principale era un’altro e ero stufa.
Quindi…ora potete anche Seguirmi su SewingPrincess.com con Bloglovin o con Feedly
Ci potrebbero ancora essere dei problemi, quindi continuerò ancora a pubblicare su entrambi gli indirizzi, non vi preoccupate…ma se volete già aggiornare i link, potete farlo.
Vi chiedo un po´ di pazienza (per la cronaca non ho fatto il lavoro da sola!) perché ci potrebbero ancora essere dei problemi. Diciamo che trasferire Worpress tra due domini non è facile…per essere diplomatici!

And to close off here is an outtake…just because life is fun!
E per concludere una delle foto non proprio da giornale…perché la vita è divertente!
burda-102012-118a

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

BUONA SETTIMANA!

20 Comments on Burda 10/2012 118a: Dress Reveal

1. Joy
    June 8, 2014 at 1:55 am (6 months ago)

Really lovely!

2. Carolyn
    May 24, 2014 at 3:00 pm (7 months ago)

Your dress is perfect stunning! a classically beautiful LBD :)

3. Andrea
    May 21, 2014 at 6:11 pm (7 months ago)

Lovely. And can I just say how I admire your perseverance because with everything that went wrong I would have left the project half done. This dress looks fantastic on you, Silvia!

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
      May 27, 2014 at 2:32 pm (7 months ago)

Thanks Andrea! The fabric was too precious to just leave it!

4. Maider...Masustak
    May 20, 2014 at 11:01 am (7 months ago)

Te ha quedado un vestidazo Silvia! Además te sienta genial :-) La parte delantera es super chula con ese drapeado. Yo no le veo ningún problema, pero si estas más agusto ajustándolo un poco más, pues adelante! Besos guapa!

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
      May 27, 2014 at 2:13 pm (7 months ago)

Gracias Maider. De momento voy a dejar el vestido así…a ver si algún día me atrevo a coser otro

5. Angie Norman
    May 19, 2014 at 4:21 pm (7 months ago)

Silvia, you look great in that dress! Was the sleeve problem due to poor drafting of the pattern? Anyway you succeeded in fixing the problem.

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
      May 27, 2014 at 2:14 pm (7 months ago)

Well, for me the sleeve drafting was not proportionate with the rest of the pattern. I could nearly squeeze two arms into one sleeve, if you see what I mean

6. Kristy
    May 19, 2014 at 12:42 pm (7 months ago)

I’m glad you persevered and finished this dress, it looks great. The side pleats and the draped cowl at the front really make it stand out

7. Geo
    May 19, 2014 at 8:16 am (7 months ago)

You look gorgeous, Silvia! Don’t worry about the back, usually these details are much more visible in photos than in real life.

8. Rachel
    May 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm (7 months ago)

Firstly, your dress looks great. I love the gathered detail and secondly, how cute is your hair in theses shots?

9. Rosy
    May 18, 2014 at 10:26 pm (7 months ago)

Me parece un vestido fabuloso, Silvia! Y tu cuerpazo de infarto lo luce mejor que nadie aunque si te preocupa un poco el tema de los hombros, yo creo que puedes cerrar un poco en la costura del centro de espalda en esa zona donde termina el escote, de esta forma conseguirás que los hombros del vestido tiendan a “juntarse” un poco más. Aunque yo veo un vestido perfecto!!! Miles de besos.

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
      May 19, 2014 at 7:57 am (7 months ago)

Gracias por el consejo Rosy! Me gustan los ajustes sencillos de hacer!

10. Mari Cruz
    May 18, 2014 at 9:27 pm (7 months ago)

Te veo fenomenal Silvia, este patrón siempre me gustó y en ti queda perfecto.

11. PendleStitches
    May 18, 2014 at 9:02 pm (7 months ago)

Love this dress on you. Well worth persevering with!
    And congrats on the new domain. I certainly couldn’t have done my change without The Husband taking over. The instructions might as well have been in Aramaic! You have a great week too!

12. Jo
    May 18, 2014 at 8:56 pm (7 months ago)

It really suits you! The shape and the draped parts are lovely!

13. Gail
    May 18, 2014 at 7:24 pm (7 months ago)

Wow! It looks great! I’m so happy it turned out well after all your trouble with the pattern!

14. Sue @ A Colourful Canvas
    May 18, 2014 at 6:52 pm (7 months ago)

WOW!! Very chic dress; you look fabulous Silvia! I love that front drape.

Congrats on the switch to self hosted. I’ve long wanted to do the same, but haven’t had the courage!

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
      May 19, 2014 at 8:00 am (7 months ago)

Thanks Sue! It would have draped even better if cut on the bias! Switching from free to self-hosted should be easier than moving domain. In any case your blog is lovely!

%d bloggers like this: