Peplum Top: La Mia Boutique 11/2013 meets Burda 2/2014

1113 LMB detail

Today I am going where no one has gone before ;o) adding a Burda accessory onto a La Mia Boutique pattern! And even using contrasting colors! What’s happening to me!

When I saw that collar I had to buy Burda 02/2014…but I wasn’t so sure I would wear it daily so I made it detachable

Oggi vi porto dove non ha mai osato nessuno ;o) ho aggiunto un accessorio Burda a un modello de La mia boutique! E ho anche usato colori contrastanti! Cosa mi sta succendendo????

Quando ho visto questo colletto ho immediatamente comprato Burda 02/2014…ma non ero sicura che l’avrei messo quindi l’ho fatto staccato.

1113 LMB full

Same goes for the original Peter Pan collar from 09 pattern of  La Mia Boutique 11/2013. The front curve turned out a bit squared…it reminds me of the Alva collar by Named Patterns

E ho fatto lo stesso con il colletto originale del modello 09 di La mia boutique 11/2013. La curva è venuta un po´ squadrata…mi ricorda il colletto Alva di Named Patterns

1113 LMB peter pan collar

And yes, I finally have a peplum top! the fit is looser that I I had planned below the bust. I didn’t want to over fit it but perhaps I should have!

When I made the muslin I realised I needed a bust dart to get rid of the gaping armhole

I also moved the other dart to match my bust point.

E finalmente ho un top con il peplo! La vestibilità sotto il seno è meno attillata del previsto. In realtà non volevo stringerlo troppo ma forse avrei dovuto!

Quando ho fatto la versione di prova mi sono resa conto che il giromanica aveva un eccesso di stoffa quindi ho aggiunto una pince sul seno

Ho anche modificato l’altra pince in corrispondenza del centro seno.

LMb 11/2013 collageI love the keyhole closure at the back!

Unlike the original pattern my version is fully lined…the only issue is that when attaching the peplum lining it stretched a bit (it’s cut on the bias) so it has some additional waves/bumps.

La chiusura a goccia del dietro mi piace davvero tanto!

La mia versione è completamente foderata…ho però avuto un problema quando ho attaccato la fodera del peplo. Essendo tagliata in sbieco, si è allargata un po’ e sono create delle ondine quando l’ho cucita.

1113 LMB inside

And just because mistakes happen at any stage…yes I placed the design upside down (hope those reindeers won’t get sick!) and it’s not even straight! Luckily it doesn’t affect the fit despite being off grain!

What’s the most recent sewing mistake you made?

E visto che gli errori sono sempre all’agguato…eccone due: o tagliato la stoffa al contrario (spero che le renne non si sentano male!) ed è anche storta! Per fortuna l’errore non provoca danni di vestibilità!

Qual’è stato l’ultimo errore di cucito che avete fatto?

15 Comments on Peplum Top: La Mia Boutique 11/2013 meets Burda 2/2014

1. Jean
    March 16, 2014 at 3:26 pm (8 months ago)

I love your detachable collar! The color and style are too cool. Perhaps it could have been just a bit more fitted, but there is an easiness to it that is nice. My most recent sewing mistake was being too aggressive in trimming off the seam allowance from a corner — it resulted in a bit of fraying when I turned it inside out, so I had to hand-stitch the corner to stabilize it and add some fray check. Lesson learned — don’t go too crazy with trimming and try to trim off only what is necessary.

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
      March 17, 2014 at 9:51 pm (8 months ago)

Thanks Jean…I agree with you it should have been more fitted. Sometimes even when I make a muslin I am not able to assess the fit properly. How annoying about those corners thank god for fray check!

2. Pauline
    March 12, 2014 at 6:25 pm (8 months ago)

This is so cute Silvia! Both the collar and the peplum top! I think you made the right choice to make the collar separable, that way you can even wear it with other garments…
    My last mistake… hum… I almost burnt a beautiful fabric.

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
      March 15, 2014 at 5:20 pm (8 months ago)

Thanks so much Pauline! Hope you were able to save at least some of your fabric. I always say I should use organza as protention but then I am lazy

3. PendleStitches
    March 11, 2014 at 1:16 pm (8 months ago)

How cute are those collars?! Such a great idea to have them detachable. They’ll add pep to lots of different looks. I love the peplum top too…you look rather rock ‘n’ roll in these pictures! That’s a good thing, btw.
    PendleStitches recently posted..Wardrobe Architect – proportions and silhouettes

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
      March 12, 2014 at 2:31 pm (8 months ago)

Thank Evie! Rock ‘n’ roll…I like that! I have always been a big fan of movies like Grease ;o)

4. Maider...Masustak
    March 11, 2014 at 9:15 am (8 months ago)

Qué bien te quedan esos cuellitos Silvia! Y el peplum top es super chulo! Felicidades ;-)
    Maider…Masustak recently posted..Enka

5. Andrea
    March 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm (8 months ago)

Your new top is so versatile – it will go with everything. I like the pop of colour that both necks provide and really enjoy the fact that they are detachable so that you can decide to wear them or not depending on your mood – what a great idea!
    Andrea recently posted..Juvenile

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
      March 12, 2014 at 2:30 pm (8 months ago)

Thanks Andrea! Well, the idea was rather a sort of wimpy move…in case I didn’t like the collars (you know…juvenile-look risk:o) I wouldn’t have to throw out my work.

6. Kate
    March 10, 2014 at 2:02 am (8 months ago)

Ugh!!!!

• Kate
      March 10, 2014 at 2:05 am (8 months ago)

I mean….Ugh!!!! I just made 2 big mistakes with some gorgeous fabrics. I made a pair of pants out of wool crepe, and when they were almost done, serged through one leg diagonally. I also made a silk shirt but didn’t cut it out on grain, so it looks all wavy and pucker-y.
      Kate recently posted..Project Selvedge, Week 1

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
        March 12, 2014 at 2:25 pm (8 months ago)

Oh Kate…the serger is a nightmare for mistakes. I always fear last minute mistakes…like when you do your last ironing bit and burn your fabric (yes it happened too!)

7. Merche
    March 9, 2014 at 10:57 pm (8 months ago)

Me encanta! Muy buena idea ese cuello, y el peplum te ha quedado precioso, aunque esos renos esten cabeza abajo. Tus trabajos son siempre impecables!

• Sewing Princess - Silvia
      March 12, 2014 at 2:23 pm (8 months ago)

Gracias Merche! El peplum no es del todo perfecto pero no supe mejorarlo. Tengo que mirar si hay algún truco para hacerlo mejor la próxima vez

8. Antonia
    March 9, 2014 at 6:39 pm (8 months ago)

E’ comunque venuto bene!!! Ed anche l’altro colletto è carino, forse hai ragione è un pà squadrato, ma il bello delle creazioni è anche in qualche piccolo difetto che conosce solo chi lavora, l’importante è il risultato.

%d bloggers like this: